Frequently Asked Questions
We wanna share a couple of secrets with you. Obviously we want you and your outfit to look drop dead stunning all the time. So here are are fave tips for getting your wig looking and staying fresh all festival long.
What should I purchase to make my wig look the best it can be?
- Wig Cap for future use (you receive 2 free wig caps with any wig purchase from Elektra Wigs)
- Beauty scissors to trim lace front as close to your hairline as possible
- Steam iron to get it all straightened out or hair straightener with controlled heat settings
- Tweezers to pluck natural hair line and part
- Razor comb to cut baby hairs for front of wig
Can I use heat on my synthetic wig?
Yes certainly! We recommend steam irons with a heat protectant spray to get the longest life span out of your wig as possible. However, straighteners, curling irons and other heating tools are fine to use however should be set to the lowest setting possible. If you treat your wig right it’ll keep living long after it’s recommended life span.
How do I brush out my wig?
Keep your wig looking lush by using a detangler brush to work your way up from the bottom to the top. Be sure to be gentle at all times.
How do i wash my wig?
What you will need:
- Detangler brush - Shampoo (sulfate-free shampoo or Johnson's Baby Shampoo are highly recommended)- Conditioner (hydrating sulfate-free)- Towel
**PLEASE NOTE WE RECOMMEND MINIMAL WASHING AS OVER WASHING CAN BE DETRIMENTAL TO YOUR WIG - E.G. IF WEARING DAILY TWICE A MONTH WOULD BE SUFFICENT **
1. Brush hair to detangle.
2. Fill basin or bucket with cold water.
3. Pour shampoo onto wig and rub through thoroughly (wash the lace cap too).
5. Rinse wig with cold water.
6. Repeat steps 3 & 4 with conditioner - make sure you apply through to the ends.
7. Place in towel and pat dry (DO NOT brush your wig while it’s wet).
8. Hang it up, let dry for 2-3 hours or overnight. (Note blow drying wig may cause damage to wig)
9. Brush out wig next day while hair is dry
How do I put on my wig and make it look natural?
1. Braid your hair tightly with a basic 3 strand braid.2. Apply hair net (apply 2 x hair nets for thicker hair).3. Position hair net ensuring it is not covering ears. You may want to get beauty scissors and cut the wig cap around the beginning of your forehead.4. If your skin tone is lighter or darker than your wig cap you can use powdered foundation to change the colour of it as your hairline will show through the wig cap you want to make sure it looks as natural as possible! 5. If you want to make sure your wig isn't moving, we recommend buying; Schwarzkopf Got2b Glued Blasting Freeze Spray. Spray the freeze spray around the beginning of the wig cap so the wig can stick to this and won't budge.6. Blowdry the freeze spray on a cool setting to make it tacky.7. Familiarise yourself with the position of clips on wig (this is important… we learnt this the hard way).8. Place both hands the inside wig cap. Then using your hands hold the wig open, with the front of the wig closest to your body.9. Bend forward placing head in wig and adjust as required.10. Once wig is positioned, flick head backwards whilst holding wig in place.11. Adjust wig to the best position on your head. If you prefer a side part you’ll need to adjust it now - this is best positioned by using the lace strip at the front.12. Locate clips on inside of cap. 13. Firmly position the wig by pushing clips under hair net into hair. 14. To get your wig positioned firmly around your ears you may need to use more freeze spray and then use the tip of a comb to stick these parts down (avoid using fingers).15. Once your wig is in the perfect position, you can cut off the front lace with small beauty scissors if needed, cutting as close to the hairline as you like.16. You may need to adjust your wig several times, totally normal, practice makes perfect.17. Use tweezers to pluck out a more prominent hairline and razor comb to cut some short baby hairs.18. You can also place some powdered foundation or concealer on the hairline to make it more natural.
How can I return my wig?
Please read our returns page here.
To return your order please email us at email@example.com with your order number. Return postage is at the buyers expense. Return address: Elektra Wigs, Po Box 301, Morningside QLD 4170.
Please note our returns policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.